Solar Panels are the fastest-growing source of new energy in the country. They were invented by Bells Labs in 1954 with its creation of the first practical silicon solar cell. Since then, solar panels have undergone changes and modifications, and are now used primarily to save energy costs. Solar Panels are devices that capture and absorb energy of the sun to generate electricity or heat. Photovoltaic modules which solar panels are composed of, use light energy (photons) from the sun to generate electricity through the photovoltaic effect. According to Energy Education, “photovoltaic effect is a process that generates voltage or electric current in a photovoltaic cell when it is exposed to sunlight. It is this effect that makes solar panels useful, as it is how the cells within the panel convert sunlight to electrical energy.”
California and Solar Power
Because of the growing concerns about the environment, carbon emissions, and climate change, solar panels have become more prevalent, accessible and affordable in the country. The state of California, the country’s leader when it comes to “going solar “, encouraged home and business owners to use solar energy thru the California Solar Initiative (CSI) which had a solar rebate program for California consumers that are customers of the investor-owned utilities – Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E). This program funds solar hot water (solar thermal systems) on homes and businesses, and is called the CSI-Thermal program. This is also available for low-income residents that own their own single-family home and meet a variety of income and housing eligibility criteria, and multifamily affordable housing. Although this program ended recently, Californians are afforded a 30% Federal Tax Credit, providing an opportunity to recoup 30% of equipment, as well as installation costs for an unlimited amount. Other incentives include local rebates, solar renewable energy credits, and a variety of affordable financing programs.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Because the government encourages people to go solar, solar purchase power agreements (PPAs) and solar leasing has made using solar energy thru solar panels. Most homeowners opt to finance their solar panels with one of the “pay-as-you-go” financing options, which means a third party handles the installation, maintenance, monitoring and repairs of the solar panels, and you just pay for the electricity.
- By using solar panels. You save thousands of dollars in electricity cost. According to One Block Off the Grid, by using solar panels, your monthly savings can be above $100 in many states.
- Using solar panels increases your home value. Homes with solar panels get sold up to 20% faster for upwards of 17% more, and increase attraction to your home the way a good school district or low property taxes will. Exoring to the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the sales price of the average home increased $17,000 with solar panels
- The longevity of solar panels is unquestionable. Solar panel manufacturers include a 20- to 25-year warranty and the industry standard guarantees 80% performance after 25 years, but the real lifespan of solar panels is much longer. It can generate a high volume of electricity for 30-40 years! This is because today’s solar panels are extremely efficient. In fact, they can easily supply the power needs of most homes, and even produce more energy than you need. Your electric company giving you credit for the overage when the extra power is sent back to them.
- By using solar energy, you can take advantage of incentives offered by your state. By combining local and state rebates, your total electricity cost can be cut into half. For example, One Block Off the Grid data shows that “the average solar home in New Jersey earns between $5,000 and $7,000 by selling their SREC credits every year.” Take advantage of these incentives by keeping yourself updated about state and local solar programs.
- Help save the environment and reduce the dependence on petroleum products. According to studies, the country is second to China when it comes to the world’s annual carbon dioxide emissions at 17.9%. By using solar panels, you help in lowering your carbon footprint by replacing. In addition, you also aid in reducing the country’s dependence on petroleum products, most of which, are imported from other countries. These are expensive compared to electricity produced by solar energy, and harmful to the environment as well.
Interested in Solar Panels?
There are more than a million homes across the country that are using solar panels, and electricity consumers can satisfy their electricity demand by 85% by suing solar panels. If your home is not equipped with solar panels, it is high time that you consult with SaveCal. SaveCal offers the best quality home improvement upgrades with the easiest and most affordable financing options. SaveCal is passionate about providing unparalleled customer service 100% of the time, and is committed to help homeowners reduce energy bills through its services. With SaveCal, there are no upfront costs, all credit scores are welcomed, and a variety of easy affordable financing programs are offered such as low monthly fees and zero down financing available. Be on your way to saving thousands of dollars in energy costs by calling SaveCal now!!!
Get the energy independence with solar panel rebates California!
Start saving from day one! We offer a variety of easy, affordable financing programs with $0 down and no payments until December 2018*.
Solar panels can lead to savings of over $100 a month. In two decades a solar panel on your roof can bring in savings of over $30,000 depending on your current electrical usage. As energy prices continue to go up you’ll see yourself saving even more.
Solar panel manufacturers include a 20- to 25-year warranty. The industry standard guarantees 80% performance after 25 years. The real lifespan of solar panels is much longer – Your solar panels may generate a high volume of electricity for 30-40 years. Today’s solar panels are extremely efficient. They can easily supply the power needs of most homes. There are even times where your solar panels may produce more energy than you need. The extra power is sent back to your electric company giving you credit for the overage!
- No Upfront Cost
- Variety of Easy Affordable
- Financing Programs
- All Credit Scores are Welcome!
- No Payments Until December
- 2018 for Qualified Applicants*
- Low Monthly Fees
- Go Green and Save Green!
- Zero Down Financing
The time to go solar is now! We offer a variety of easy affordable financing programs with no upfront costs!
- Federal Tax Credits
- Local Rebates
- Solar Renewable Energy Credits
- Variety of Easy Affordable Financing Programs
Homes with solar panels get sold up to 20% faster for upwards of 17% more.
Solar panels increase attraction to your home the way a good school district or low property taxes will.
Interested in Solar Panels?
Fill out the form below to schedule a FREE in-home consultation
* These fields are required.